Your Choices for Studying the Life in the UK Test
The material that has to be learnt for the Life in the UK test is determined and provided by the Home Office. It produces a publication called Life in the United Kingdom: A guide for new residents. You are required to learn all of the information found in this publication for your test. The publication has a recommended retail price of £12.99.
The material provided by the Home Office is lengthy and complex. As an alternative, Red Squirrel Publishing provides a wide range of products and services to help you learn for your test. These products and services have been developed and designed by us with one goal in mind: to help you pass your test first time.
Life in the UK Test: Study Guides
The first is our Life in the UK Test series, with prices starting at £7.99. The series includes the Life in the UK Test: Study Guide (RRP £9.99) and the Life in the UK Test: Study Guide & CD ROM (RRP £12.99), which let you recreate the test at home with hundreds of practice questions. The Handbook and Study Guides contain the complete testable material found in the official Home Office publication, Life in the UK: A guide for new residents, reprinted in full. They also include study tools to make it easier for you learn this information:
- chapter introductions that summarise each chapter’s content, highlighting the information you should be paying close attention to.
- trusted advice and an FAQ based on questions from people who have successfully passed the test
- tips and warnings, to make learning easier and help you avoid common mistakes
- a calendar of the key dates in the text, and an extensive glossary of words and terms to help you understand anything you are unsure about
- practice tests, in the same style and format as the real test, so you know whether you are ready to take the Life in the UK test.
We also offer the Life in the UK Test: Practice Questions (RRP £6.99). This publication contains twenty practice tests, which are in the same style as the Life in the UK test. By taking the practice tests you will be able to measure how well you know the study material and know when you are ready to take your real test.
Online practice tests
If you have a study guide already and you are looking for a way to test your knowledge then check out our online tests. The tests are based on a database of over 1,500 questions and have already helped hundreds of thousands of people prepare for their test.
Subscriptions start from as little as £4 and you can take as many tests as you want whilst your subscription is active.