Life in the UK Test Study Checklist
There are a lot of things that you need to remember to do for the Life in the UK Test. Make sure that you avoid problems and get organised by completing this checklist.
Test appointment booked
- Book your test by visiting the Life in the UK Test booking site. You must book your test online, but you if you have any questions you can call the Life in the UK Test Helpline on 0800 015 4245. There are now around 60 test centres in the UK. The booking system will automatically direct you to your closest test centres.
You must book your test at least 7 days in advance, and you may have to wait longer when booking at test centres in busy areas.
- Make sure you note your test date and time and plan your studies around this deadline.
Finish reading the study materials
You may be tested on any of the material covered in chapters 2-6 of our Study Guide series. You will almost certainly be tested on specific facts and numbers, so you must be sure you know these.
- Chapter 2 – The Values and Principles of the UK
- Chapter 3 – What is the UK?
- Chapter 4 – A Long and Illustrious History
- Chapter 5 – A Modern, Thriving Society
- Chapter 6 – The UK Government, the Law and Your Role
Complete practice tests
There are practice tests in the books, Life in the UK Test: Practice Questions and Life in the UK Test: Study Guide. Both are available from our shop.
Complete online practice tests
Online practice tests are available from this site. Don’t forget, you get a free subscription with every copy of one of our study guides.
Check the latest news, tips and advice in our About the Test section
Arrange valid photographic ID and supporting documents
The staff at test centres turn lots of people away because of problems with their registered photographic ID and supporting documents. Make sure you read our guidance on registering your ID.
Your ID can be one of the following documents:
- a Biometric Residence Permit or Biometric Residence Card. This document must be in date
- a European Union Identity Card. This document must be in date
- a passport. This document must be original and still valid
- a Travel Document. This must be in date.
Test centre location and travel route confirmed
Make sure you note your test centre address and phone number and have planned your travel arrangements for getting to the test centre.