Immigration advisors

For anyone seeking professional advice from an Immigration adviser, there are various independent bodies which can help.

Charity organisations

You can get advice from the Citizens’ Advice Bureau (CAB) from their Help with immigration problems page. The CAB is a charity dedicated to providing clear information and guidance on your rights and the law.

There are many other charities and organisations which provide representation and advice on immigration matters. Many of these are small and help local communities, or people with specific issues, and can be found locally.

Registered immigration advisers

For anyone seeking further advice from an Immigration adviser, the Office of the Immigrations Services Commissioner (OISC) is an independent public body which can help.

The OISC provide information about immigration advisers and the kinds of help that they can provide you with your application. As part of this they have registers of immigration advisers. These lists are broken down into advisers who do not charge clients for advice or services and advisers who do charge clients for advice or services.

To find an immigration advisor in your area you can use the OISCs Adviser Finder service.

More than this, they also regulate immigration advisers and prosecute advisers working illegally. As part of this they accept and investigate complaints about anyone giving immigration advice, regulated or not. You should contact the OISC if you are concerned that you have been given bad advice, or you have had an application damaged by received advice.