New settlement/ILR forms published by the UKBA

The UKBA have released new versions of the application forms used for applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), also known as settlement.

The new forms were released on 28 October 2013 and should be used for all applications made from that date onwards. The affected forms are:

  • SET(BUS) - settlement (overseas business representative or retired person of independent means)
  • SET(DV) - settlement (victims of domestic violence)
  • SET(F) - settlement (children of British citizens or people settled in the UK)
  • SET (LR) - settlement (long residence in the UK)
  • SET(M) - settlement (marriage)
  • SET(O) - settlement (other)
  • Guidance notes for the SET(BUS), SET(LR), SET(M) and SET(O).

The UKBA will accept applications made on the old forms until 18 November 2013.

Any application submitted on or after 28 October 2013 will also have to meet the new Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement. This means you must provide evidence of English language ability equivalent to level B1, or equivalent, on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Full details of the new requirement can be found on the UKBA website.

Ready To Take The Test
Take a free test - no registration required
Best Selling Series