New forms published: EEA and BR1

New forms for Bulgarian and Romanian nationals and EEA and Swiss nationals have been published by the UK Border Agency (UKBA).

Form BR1

With effect from 20 June 2011 you should use the updated version 06/2011 of form BR1 and the associated policy guidance. This is the form used by Bulgarian and Romanian nationals who are applying for permission to work in the UK.

The updated form introduces a new requirement to provide evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance. The new form also clarifies the types of documents self-employed and student applicants need to provide to support their application.

You can find the updated forms in the Bulgarian and Romanian nationals page of the UKBA website.

EEA forms

The UKBA have also updated forms EEA1, EEA2, EEA3 and EEA4. These are the forms used by EEA and Swiss nationals who are exercising treaty rights in the UK and their family members and dependents who are looking to confirm their residence in the UK.

As with form BR1, there are new requirements to demonstrate that comprehensive sickness insurance is in place.

The revised versions of the forms - 06/2011 - should be used for all applications made on or after 20 June 2011 and can be found on the How to apply for residence documents as a European citizen

Ready To Take The Test
Take a free test - no registration required
Best Selling Series