Registering for the Life in the UK testCustomer feedback has revealed that Life in the UK test centres are turning people away because their registered details are incorrect. Before you book your test make sure you read this article. Don't get caught out!
Your registered name
When you register your details through the UKBA’s online booking service you are asked to enter your name and other details. You must make sure that you enter these details exactly as they appear on your ID.
For instance, we have had feedback from customers who have not been allowed to sit their tests for the following reasons:
- They did not register their middle name when booking
- They took a Residence Permit to the Test Centre but said they had a Biometric Residence Permit when they registered
- Their full name appeared under the ‘First Name’ section of their passport, whilst ‘Last Name’ was blank. They registered their first and last names separately with the online booking service. This customer had taken two tests before at the same test centre, with the same ID.
- Their full name didn’t fit on their driving license because it was too long. They registered with their full name
- Their father’s name appears next to their name in their passport, and they booked the test with just their own name.
It is vital that you make sure your booking matches your chosen ID exactly. If you have any questions you should call the Official Life in the UK Test helpline on 0800 015 4245, open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm.
Proof of address
Some people have also been turned away because their proof of address was not accepted. You must take an original document of one of the following:
- gas/electricity/water bill
- a council tax bill
- bank or credit card statement
- UK photocard driving licence
- or a letter from the Home Office with your name and address on it
You should make sure your chosen proof of address includes your name (which matches your registered details) and address (including postcode) on the same page.
As with your registered name, if you have any questions you should call the Official Life in the UK Test helpline on 0800 015 4245, open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm.
Don’t get caught out. If you don’t follow this advice you should expect to be turned away. You will have to rebook, pay another £50 and you will not get a refund!